Take the following steps to ensure long battery life for your car
1. Do not leave the headlights on for a long time after the engine has been turned off.
2. Do not leave the key in the ignition of the car overnight as some electrical devices may remain on and can discharge the battery by the morning.
3. Never let rust remain on the battery terminals for too long. Clean the top of the battery using a cup of water mixed with a tablespoon of baking soda. Use an old toothbrush to remove corrosion and build up from the battery posts and cables.
4. Do not leave interior lights on overnight. Make sure all lights have been turned off and any other electrical accessories have been turned off before locking your car.
5. Car batteries have a limited life span. Check the lifespan of your car battery and have it replaced before the lifespan comes to an end.
6. If your car is not going to be used for a long time, disconnect the battery from your car and remove it altogether. This ensures that the battery will not become flat when your vehicle is not used.
Never ignore the importance of maintaining your car’s battery as it will cost more to buy a new one rather than maintaining an old one.
Findatyre.ie recommend you get your vehicle to one of our centres located Nationwide to have your battery checked by a professional and replaced if you have any concerns whatsoever.
Use the search facility below to locate a centre near you.